Friday, August 6, 2010

Get it done now, before the baby comes home!

With all the hustle and bustle getting ready for Marcus, I haven't really had a lot of time to relax. Between work, getting ready for the homestudy, and getting to visit Marcus for the weekend I've been running around like a mad woman. I'm tired! I want to rest. I need to rest because soon enough there will be a baby in my house that needs all my time and attention (I can hardly wait!).
This weekend we were supposed to be packing up to head to Lake Powell for a week of camping. But we found out about Marcus and we backed out of the trip. Then we were supposed to be packing up to head to CA to GET Marcus. But he's not ready yet. So now we have nothing going on. While I wish my baby were coming home, I'm beyond thrilled at this turn of events! I get to relax! I'm going to sleep in, play in my craft room and stay in my jammies until 4:00!
I have big plans for tomorrow. I want to finish bro-cha-cho's tapestry since he will be in town for the Lake Powell trip. I want to finish my niece's baby book. I want to start Marcus' baby book. And I want to make the name letters for Marcus' room.
There is also a hot air balloon festival this weekend. Mr. Temmie and I were out to dinner one evening last year and we saw all the balloons. We made a mental note that we wanted to check it out the next year. So that's just what we're going to do! It's going to be awesome! I'll be sure to remember the camera.
I also need to post pics of the baby's room. Thanks to the help from my other bro-in-law, the three of us were able to paint and pull carpet up last weekend. Now instead of an office it's a nursery/office combo. It's so cozy and I find myself spending time in his room just to look at all his things and wait for him to come home. :)

2 comments:

  1. Emily, I am so happy for you guys. The long wait has paid off. I was looking at the pictures and he has grown so much and is soooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo cute. He has come a long way. You have a fighter on your hands. Can't wait to see pics of him room and more of him. Rest while you can. LOL. Take care! Stephanie Ivie

    ReplyDelete