One of the projects on my list is a tapestry for my brother-in-law. I've sorta been avoiding it for the same reason it took me so long to re-upholster the chair...I didn't know where to start! Well I covered the chair and it's awesome so now's as good a time as any to tackle the tapestry! That and he will be here in about 5 weeks and I want to have it ready when he get's here. (here's where I tell his wife, my sister and most likely only reader, not to tell so it can be a suprise!!) ;)
Now, you may be thinking, "What's so hard about making a tapestry?" What if I tell you it's made entirly out of those velvety purple bags that Crown Royal come in? That's right folks. Bro-chacho has saved every Crown Royal bag from every bottle he has ever purchased and now has a big enough collection to make something with it. Pretty cool if you ask me! Which he sorta did and therefore I'm the one making something with them...huh! =)
So, the hardest part has been figuring out how to do the layout. But while I was driving home from work last night, it all became perfectly clear how to do this. Now I just need to sit down and fire up the ol' Singer! (o.k. I think my machine is actually a Brother brand but whatever!) Oh and did I mention that these bags are not all the same size? And some of them have special collector designs on them? Yea. That's a challenge too! But now that I have the layout idea I totally know how to proceed. I can't wait to get started! And I'll definately post a pic when I'm done. I'm betting I can knock this one out in a weekend. =) Stay tuned!
Can't wait to see how it turns out!!
ReplyDeleteI'm excited!! He's been buggin me to bug you about it. ;) Let me know if I can help you out.
ReplyDelete