Monday, June 4, 2012

Craftastic!!!

First of all, this is my 100th post!!!  That only took 2 years!!! ;)  Anyway, yea for me and thanks to the 3 of you still reading! :)

Now on to the craftasticalness that was my weekend!!  On Friday I stopped at the local thrift store on a whim.  I've been wanting to get a nice comfy chair to put in Little M's room but I don't want to pay a whole lot.  And since we weren't doing anything that day, why not!!

Well I did get a chair.  But it's not for grown ups!  I found the cutest little arm chair and it's just Little M's size!  Only problem is it had a pink butterfly slip cover.  GROSS!!  But, in a moment of ambition and a feeling of I can totally re-make this!, I bought it.  Plus it was only $10 so I couldn't pass up this deal!

When I got the chair home, I realized that I could easily just re-upholster the whole thing.  I've done that before!  But with a two year old boy, washable is everything!!  So slip cover it was going to have to be.




Before


I consulted Aunt Jen, a.k.a. sewing GURU.  She confirmed that yes, I could just pick apart the butterfly cover and use it as a pattern.  Patterns intimidate me.  But I soldiered on!  Once Little M was down for a nap I picked the whole thing apart and cut out a pattern.  And since Little M opted for the Marathon nap that day, I got to sew about half of it back together before he woke up!

It took me 5 hours start to finish. It's not perfect. But Little M LOVES it!! And the whole thing is washable!!!! Even the cushion cover because I sewed in a zipper for the first time ever in my life!! :)








1 comment:

  1. sewing guru???? I've never reupholstered a chair before. :)

    I'm liking the kicked back in his chair look he's got going on there.

    ReplyDelete