Monday, August 2, 2010
Petition to adopt
As part of the adoption process, Mr. Temmie and I had to file a petition to adopt. The draft arrived the day before I went to California but we didn't have time to look it over until I got back. We did finally get a chance to look it over and make one correction and then I mailed it back to the attorney last week along with a hefty court fee and the attorney's retainer fee. The petition was filed on Friday. A judge will order a meeting between birth mom, a CA attorney [that = more fees :( ] and a social worker so birth mom can sign a consent saying she is relinquishing her parental rights. This meeting could be as early as WEDNESDAY. Once that happens, Mr. Temmie and I are granted guardianship of Marcus. This meeting will also start the ICPC process. This is the interstate agreement that has to happen before we can take Marcus out of the state of CA. I'm praying with every ounce of me that his discharge will line up with the completion of all the paperwork so that when he is discharged, we can visit with his CA grandma for a day or two and then COME HOME!!!!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment