Sunday, May 2, 2010

Productive weekend

I decided not to lounge around this weekend and finally tackle some projects and home improvements. Since I got off work early on Friday I jumped in, feet first and then plowed through until I felt like I was done. First, Mr. Temmie and I pulled up the nasty, stained carpet in the living room. When we bought the house 3 years ago, I pulled back a corner to see what was under there and was pleased to find hard wood. I suggested at the time that we pull up the carpet since we hadn't moved any furniture in, but Mr. Temmie didn't want to. Fast forward to Friday and I FINALLY won! Turns out the biggest hesitation on his part was the condition of the floors. But we lucked out and the floor is in excellent condition. Now all we need to do is pull up the hallway and bedroom carpets!



That little task of ripping out carpet only took 4 hours. It would have gone faster if the darn tack strip hadn't been such a pain!

Then on Saturday I got almost all the mountain of laundry done and...... I CLEANED THE CRAFT ROOM!!!!!!!! I can finally get in there and be creative again!!! I'm so excited! In all honestly if all I got done this weekend was cleaning that room I would be thrilled! I don't have a picture of that though. It's just a room full of all my crafty tools and supplies and a guest bed. :)

Once the room was clean I decided to tackle another project I've been avoiding. Back in February my Great Aunt passed away. When my siblings and I went to help our cousin clean out her house, we all left with various treasures. One of my new finds was an antiquey wing back chair. The D.I. didn't want it so I took it. I've been meaning to reupholster it since I brought it home, but was scared since I've never done that before. I did go to the fabric store with my good friend Tricia and she helped me pick some great material. So last night I sat down with 9 yards of fabric and a staple gun and went to work. Once I figured out a game plan it was EASY!! I also had some leftover material and an old foot stool from my grandma. So that got covered too and now I have a beautiful new set. I'm quite proud of how it all turned out!

Before


After


And finally, I finished one of the dolls I'm making. I have made several of these dolls for friends and family. The pattern belonged to my grandma. She made this doll for one of my sisters and me. I still have mine! Anyway, everytime I've made this doll, I just bought preemie clothes from the store because it was easier. But this time I actually made the dress she's wearing. I don't know who I'm going to give this one too, but I think she turned out really cute!








So that was my weekend! Today I just lounged around. That's what Sunday's are for! ;)

2 comments:

  1. That chair is gorgeous? Was it hard?!? That's tempting to go find a couple chairs (yardsales are everywhere right now) and make a set! I always thought it would be tough. Was that REALLY you first one?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww! Thanks Miss Sara! Yep it really was my first one! =) It wasn't hard at all once I figured out how to place the fabric. (I cut my 8 yards in half and used one half for the top, and one half for the bottom.) =) I say go for it! You'll have so much fun!

    ReplyDelete