Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Blindsided

I didn't see it coming. I was sure it would never happen to us. Everything was perfect the way it was. And then overnight it all changed.

My baby isn't a baby anymore. He's a big boy.

Little M has decided it's high time he catches up and there is no stopping him. He's working so hard on crawling and standing. He always wants to be on the move! Of course with this new found desire for freedom comes agonizing frustration. He can't quite move on his own and he can't tell us what he wants either. Cue the tantrums! Where do kids learn to arch their backs and scream?! I certainly didn't teach him that and I'm pretty sure Mr. Temmie didn't either. Must have been one of his cousins. ;) Hopefully he will figure out this crawling thing soon so he can go, go, GO! (and yes I already regret saying that!)


Little M has also decided solid food is delicious and no longer gags or pukes when he eats anything other than purees. In fact he had scrambled eggs for breakfast today and loved them! I'm excited to start trying more new foods and seeing just how messy he can get while he eats. I'm also excited about less formula. We were so blessed by the CA NICU and have only had to buy 6 cans of formula in 8 1/2 months. But our stash is running low. Currently M is eating a brand of formula that can cost upwards of $50 a can. We go through 2 cans a week. Fortunately, we got the all clear from Dr. J to switch to a less expensive soy formula and we are encouraging more solid meals and less meals from a bottle. Dr. J is also giving us some "samples" of the new soy stuff and hooked us up with about a month's supply. I'm hopeful that by the time M reaches 1 year adjusted we will have packed on enough weight for him to actually be ON the curve and work our way away from formula. In the mean time, stay tuned for adorable pics of mashed avocado on little man's squishy face!

There's one other thing that solidifies the fact the Little M is growing up. He needs a haircut. I don't want to do it because I'm afraid he'll look too grown up. But his hair is a shaggy mess! The poor kid looks like he has bed head all day even when I do comb his hair. I think Mr. Temmie and I are going to take him this weekend. Sniff!

Who said it was o.k. for him to grow up?!?!

P.s. father's day pics coming soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment