Little M had a few "firsts" happen the last few days. On Saturday (6/4) I decided it was time for him to sleep in his own room. Until then he had been sleeping in his pack n play in my room and I would wake every time he moved or made a sound. I'm tired! So it's time. He went to sleep around 9:30, slept until Midnight in his crib, had a quick bottle and then went back to sleep until 4:00ish. Another quick bottle and he was out again until 8:00. It was nice! I actually felt rested and didn't feel like I needed a nap on Sunday afternoon! (although I did take a cat nap anyway when M napped, I was just so relaxed I fell asleep for 20 minutes!)
Sunday night didn't go as well. Little M was restless and I had a migraine. I think it was the heat. We went from 65-70 degrees to 85 on Sunday. It was hot. And the swamp cooler isn't up and running yet. Mr. Temmie was so hot he opted to sleep on the couch that night. That would turn out to be a foolish choice since our bedroom ceiling fan worked well and that ended up being the coolest room that night. At some point I ended up bringing M into our room and since Mr. Temmie was on the couch, Little M got his spot in bed. It was then I was finally able to get some rest and take the edge off the migraine.
Last night things had cooled off a little. I put Little M to bed and that was that. He woke twice crying, found his paci on his own and put himself back to sleep before I even got up. I'm calling it sleeping through the night. Now we just need to see if he'll keep doing it!
Another first for Little M...he's dancing. Mr. Temmie and I were watching t.v. last night while M was in his exersaucer. I guess M liked the beat to some music on the show because he started shakin' his booty. Once the beat stopped so did he. Just to make sure it wasn't a fluke, we re-wound the show (hooray for DVR's!) and let him hear the beat again. Sure enough his tookas stated shakin'. And because we are goofy first time parents we continued to re-wind and watch Little M shake his groove thang for about 5 minutes. Then we decided to see what other music he was feeling. Pretty much anything except county got him dancing (that's my boy!). And seeing mommy and daddy smile and laugh while he danced made it that much more fun for him. So I guess Gloria Estefan was right...eventually, the rhythm is gonna get ya! ;)
No comments:
Post a Comment