Thursday, August 5, 2010

Big day

Today at 1:00 p.m. PDT birth mom will meet the CA attorney to terminate her rights. Mr. Temmie and I will then be given guardianship of Marcus. At that time the 6 month waiting period to finalize will start. We are so close to bringing our boy home we can hardly stand it!




Yesterday I spoke to Marcus' doctor and she filled me in on his status with a little more detail than the nurses. He is doing well, gaining weight and getting stronger every day. He has pretty much stopped his de-saturations completely. He still has had a few but he didn't drop very low and he self corrected so the nurses aren't counting them. So it really is down to his eating. He's only taking 1/3 to 1/2 of his feed from a bottle. They won't discharge until he eats the whole thing consistently. You can do it little guy! We're all cheering for you! :) His doc said he has at least another week in the pokie. I hope that's all he has left!



In the mean time, my favorite nurse is assigned to Marcus today. That means I get more pictures! Here's the newest of him in his BIG BOY cribette. No more warmer!!!! Oh and he now weighs in at a hefty 4 lbs 13 oz.





1 comment:

  1. He is the sweetest thing ever!!! I LOVE this pic!!! Hoping to meet him soon!! Mack grins so big when she sees his pic!!! And today she waved at him!!!!

    ReplyDelete