This week is full of good things and bad things.
Our final homestudy report will be turned in today. This report is basically the social worker's evaluation of Mr. Temmie and me and his opinion to the court that we are fit parents with the child's best interest at heart. Once this report is submitted to our attorney, they can schedule a court date to finalize the adoption. I can't wait!!!!
This week is also when we meet the Muscular Dystrophy specialist. I have been happily in denial since we found out Little M's diagnosis. If I don't think about it, he doesn't have it. Simple as that. But on Thursday I am going to have to come face to face with it. I know I should go in with a list of questions, but where do I start? I just want to hear that my baby will be o.k. and the reality is he isn't. Not a fun place to be, that's for sure. And to make the whole situation horrible, Mr. Temmie has to work so I have to go to the appointment alone. I hope I can hold it together!!
So here's to excited anticipation of good news while we wait for the other shoe to drop.... =/
No comments:
Post a Comment