Thursday, March 10, 2011

What a day!

Today was supposed to be a regular old boring Thursday. That changed when my sitter (my sister-in-law) called at O;Dark Thirty to tell me her son (my nephew) had been throwing up all night and she didn't want Little M to get it. I'm thankful for that, but I didn't have a backup plan! So I did what any mom would do...I went back to sleep until it was only slightly offensive to call for help. =)

I secured a plan B for child care and then got ready for work. I may or may not have also taken a few extra minutes to snuggle and play with Little M before I got in the shower. =D I dropped Little M off with my Aunt and then had to stop at my sister-in-laws place to pick up some papers. This is where the day really takes a dump. As I left sis-in-law's I was stopped at the traffic light no less than 3 blocks away, minding my own buisness. Then I heard a LOUD bang and my car lurched forward. At first I didn't know what happened. Then I realized I'd been hit. Hard.

It took me a minute, but I turned on my hazards and got out of the car. At first I couldn't see anything wrong on my car. The kid who hit me got out and said he was really sorry. Yea, me too! >=/ I told him to pull into the parking lot across the street so we would be out of the way. He followed me and we got out of our vehicles again. I asked if he had any damage and he said no. I said I didn't think my damage was significant, but we should get a police report anyway. Then I reached into my car for my phone and he took off. ARE YOU KIDDING ME?!?!?! My first thought was where the hell does he think he's going? Then I realized he was leaving and I got his plate number. I repeated it over and over out loud until I could find a pen to write it down. Then I called 911 and reported the accident. At that point I could feel the tension in my neck and back. The dispatcher asked if I needed an ambulance but I said no. At some point I lost my shit and started crying. Once they told me the police were on the way I texted my boss and let her know I'd be late. I also called Mr. Temmie and probably scared the crap out of him.

Once the police showed it was all of 5 minutes to give a statement and the plate number and get a case number. By now I was so stiff and sore I could hardly move. Officer Less-than-friendly offered to call an ambulance. Really, it's not life threatening. I just needed some i.buprofen and a stiff drink!

I finally got to work 2 hours later than I planned and spent the rest of the day getting stiffer and more sore with every minute. I'm sure I need to go to a doctor and they'll tell me I have whiplash and to ice/heat and rest.

But the best part of the whole craptastic day..... Little M was NOT in the car when I got hit. Thank everything Holy for that one!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment