Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Avery's Lemonade Stand

A while back I posted a link to a blog about a little girl names Avery.  She has a form of Muscular Dystrophy called SMA type 1.  Her story really touched me.  On April 30th, she passed away.  I was so shocked and saddened, I just felt we HAD to do something.

So I read over her bucket list and noticed "have a lemonade stand" wasn't crossed off.  Little M and I started the ball rolling and on May 11th (Avery's 6 month birthday!) and 12th, we sat in front of Aunt Liz's house and sold lemonade.  Little M totally loved being outside!  He didn't do much in the way of help, other than hold the sign and look adorable.  But all in all we made $325 dollars for SMA research.  And we sent a letter to Avery's parents letting them know how much it meant to us for them to share Avery with everyone.




No comments:

Post a Comment