So this last weekend was Mother's Day. I mentioned in a previous post how hard this holiday usually is for me. This year I was overwhelmed with kindness. =) A good friend of mine decided to sponsor a homeless pet in my name and the card attached read, "Your babies just happen to shed on the couch...and sometimes poop on the floor." I cried. =) Then on Sunday my sisters all gave me cards. They were special Mother's day cards that all had the same message...you're not the mom but you're the next best thing. More tears! =) One of my neices even decided to make me some sort of critter thing. It's a styrofoam ball and she added eyes, ears, and legs. Then she spray painted the whole thing silver and mounted it on a piece of cardboard. It's adorable and I'm going to put it on my desk at work.
So in the end it was a good day. I did have a total melt down and take it out on Mr. Temmie on Saturday night, but by Sunday morning I was feeling better and by BBQ time Sunday afternoon I was good. Of course the 2 1/2 margaritas didn't hurt any either! Everyone had a nice evening. Even Jersey had a good time despite falling into my dad's pond. Whoops! That'll teach her to chase the kids! =)
I suck a lot!! I have a card that I never got into the mail. :( But I thought about you!!!! Miss you tons! Can't wait to see you!!!!!
ReplyDelete