Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Happy New Year?

I didn't mention in my last post that on 12/27 Mr. M had to be admitted to the children's hospital for some more testing. Ever since that episode back in September he's had blood work come back abnormal. So on Monday, December 27th we checked into the hospital happy and for the most part healthy. We spent the next 3 days feeling like a human science experiment, frustrated, tired, grouchy and not getting any answers. Finally I had to refuse to sign a consent form in order to get some answers. After a complete explanation and justification of why they needed to sedate Mr. M for a third time I agreed to sign and let them do a muscle biopsy.

We were finally discharged late Thursday night (12/30). Just in time for me to work the month end shift and lest we forget, make that damn wedding cake!!! And just to make sure we had the right amount of stress Mr. M was discharged on Oxygen because he caught a case of bronchitis while at the hospital. He was also very generous and shared it with me.

We spent New Year's Eve at Aunt Liz's house where I played my first ever game of Scrabble. I'm addicted to it now. =) Aunt Jen was kind enough to bake the cakes for the wedding cake for me while I was at work. All I had to do was build the cake. On New Year's Day Grandma came over and held sad, sick Mr. M while I scrambled to get the cake together. I got it done, delivered and was paid. Mr. M and I proceeded to sleep and be miserable the rest of the weekend.

By Monday Mr. M was better and I was worse. So far it was a pretty rocky end of the old year/start of the new one. And we really had no idea what was in store next.........

1 comment:

  1. I LOVE LOVE LOVE Scrabble so we should do it more often. Also, i need to see cake pictures.

    ReplyDelete